This comming Shabbat is the LAST SHABBAT of the year – just before Rosh Hashana (The Jewish New Year – aka. Judgement day) That is right, this is the last shabbat of 5769! Our sages teach us that our deeds during the last Shabbat of the year have incredible power to rectify our deeds of all the past 51 Sabbaths of this last year. (5769)
A good tip: try to do something this Shabbat that you may not be capable of doing consistently all year round. Make this Shabbat count!
These are just some examples to get the ideas rolling:
- Set aside 2 minutes in the day to read some tehillim (psalms).
- Set aside only 1 minute and think of how you can make another Jew happy.
- Say Modeh Ani with concentration and gratitude when you wake up in the morning.
- Say Shema before you go to sleep at night.
- Say the first chapter of Birkat Hamazon (grace after meals) slowly, and with proper concentration.
- Say “Shabbat Shalom” to a random Jew on the street. With a Big Smile. (:
If you are inspired to do something extra this shabbat – Leave a comment and tell our visitors what you are going to do. Comments will lead to more ideas..and to more inspiration…
May we all have a good Rosh Hashana and may we be zoche to a ketiva v’chatima tova!
Share this with your friends!